DURBAN CALEDONIAN SOCIETY
FOUNDED 1882 – FEDERATED 1922
Convenor: Lady President Memory Coutts
94th Annual Congress of the Federation of Caledonian Societies to be held at the Blue Waters Hotel (4Star), 175 Snell Parade, Durban from the 5 -7 October 2018. The Durban Caledonian Society is proud to host this event and the convening Committee hopes that it will be an enjoyable few days.
There are changes to the familiar format of the past. This is due to new, required ways of booking accommodation at the Blue Waters Hotel. I have been obliged to split the accommodation from the functions. I apologise if this will in any way inconvenience our members.
The Blue Waters Hotel management has requested that all accommodation be booked directly through them. I have been able to negotiate corporate prices with the hotel, as we are using their facilities for the Congress. The hotel does offer 3 or 4 persons rooms.
There is a shuttle bus service from King Shaka Airport, Durban, directly to the hotel. The current cost is R80 per person one way. This has remained unchanged since our last Congress in 2014! As the Shuttles are based at the Airport there is no need to book on arrival. If you need to use this service to return to the airport please ask the hotel staff to make a booking for you the day before you depart. Phone number – 031 4655573.
Contact details for the Blue Waters Hotel.
- Telephonic Bookings: if you decide to phone, the number is 031 3277000. Once you get through wait for the prompts, and respond accordingly.
- To book via email. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org . The contact person is Nicolene.
- To view the hotel online, type in Blue Waters Hotel, Durban.
Blue Waters Hotel Banking details: ABSA Bank, Smith Street. Branch Code 331 926, Account Number 012 358 500 41
- When making a booking please mention that you are booking for the Caledonian Congress. This is to ensure that you pay the Corporate price quoted.
- Once guests make a booking, the hotel will ask for the first night to be paid within 7 days of making the booking and the full balance will be required upon check in.
- It is advisable to book early as it is the start of school holidays and the hotel is extremely popular.
- Sharing per night – R1 194 For 2 nights R2 388 (2 people)
- Single per night – R1 097 For 2 nights R2 194
- Prices for children are to be negotiated with the hotel
Information pertaining to programmes planned, menus etc are to follow later in the year. Please note that Alex and I will be away from 16 to 23 September 2018.
A minimum deposit of 50% must be paid by 31 August 2018. The balance before 29 September 2018. If there are problems meeting these dates please contact me directly.
Completed Application forms to be posted or emailed to the Convenor. Contact details above.